Current Job Opportunities
How To Apply
To apply for a position please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Search Engine Marketing Strategist
- Company: Observint Technologies
- Location: Austin, TX
- Employment Type: Full Time
Observint Technologies, a leading manufacturer and retailer of surveillance technologies, is looking for a Search Engine Marketing Strategist who will be responsible for owning the SEO and online advertising initiatives for our e-commerce web properties and other websites. The ideal candidate will be passionate about SEM, and should be comfortable developing content, along with analyzing and reporting on performance.
Working closely with our marketing and online teams, the SEM Strategist will drive improved organic rankings and search traffic growth. If you are a self-motivated individual who can implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and are an internet marketer who thinks strategically, executes efficiently, and communicates effectively cross-functionally, then this job is for you.
- Maximize organic traffic growth across our websites using SEO best practices.
- Write new content and update existing site content (on-page and meta data), to ensure maximum rankings for targeted keywords.
- Optimize site architecture, URL structures and navigation for maximized indexing and keyword relevance.
- Track, measure, and analyze site ranking factors, including core and long-tail keywords, internal and external link distribution, site content and competitive factors.
- Provide SEO support for all web projects, including new product launches, page refreshes, site redesigns, etc.
- Analyze and communicate performance against benchmarks for measuring the impact of SEM activities.
- Research SEM best practices to identify necessary updates and new market opportunities to expand visibility in search engines.
- Manage and optimize all online advertising campaigns (PPC, remarketing, Facebook ads, etc.), with an emphasis on paid search.
- Work with online marketing team to develop new tactics and initiatives to grow revenue from paid and natural search traffic.
- Act as subject matter expert for content, PR and social media strategies to increase site traffic and keyword rankings.
- Serve as main point of contact with any SEM vendors.
- Evangelize SEM throughout the organization. Educate staff on the latest trends in SEM techniques.
- 3+ years of agency or enterprise-level SEM experience with proven results. E-commerce SEM experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of best-in-class, white-hat SEO strategies and methodologies, plus knowledge of black-hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines.
- Strong writing and copy-editing ability.
- Solid understanding of technical SEO including redirects, htaccess, rel="canonical" tags, XML sitemap feeds and other related technical tactics.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and Google AdWords. Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords certified preferred.
- Proficiency with SEM software and knowledgeable in the use of keyword analysis techniques.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Results-oriented and lives by the mantra "Always Be Testing".
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly, stay current, and adapt to a constantly changing search industry.
- A love of data and attention to detail - highly organized and analytical.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to non-technical audiences.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive and includes 401k, health, dental & vision plans, paid time off (vacation/personal) and paid holidays.